504 total views
750 Famous Motivational And Inspirational Quotes
Quotes are powerful they can lift men up or bring men down. But what is the reward in bringing men down, the greatest reward and satisfaction of life it to lift someone up. Below are 750 famous motivational and inspirational quotes complied by George Thomas
1. Abraham Lincoln (34 quotes)
2. Albert Einstein (53 quotes)
3. Anthony Robbins (34 quotes)
4. Brian Tracey (24 quotes)
5. Dale Carnegie (25 quotes)
6. Dennis Waitley (32 quotes)
7. Donald Trump (11 quotes)
8. Earl Nightingale (25 quotes)
9. Jim Rohn (28 quotes)
10. Mark Victor Hansen (17 quotes)
11. Napoleon Hill (37 quotes)
12. Norman Vincent Peale (50 quotes)
13. Paul Sweeney (7 quotes)
14. Ralph Waldo Emerson (38 quotes)
15. Robert H. Schuller (30 quotes)
16. Robert T. Kiyosaki (11 quotes)
17. Thomas Edison (51 quotes)
18. Thomas Jefferson (22 quotes)
19. W. Clement Stone (25 quotes)
20. Zig Ziglar (27 quotes)
21. More Famous Quotes (157 quotes)
Abraham Lincoln 34 quotes
1. My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it.
2. Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.
3. How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn’t make it a leg.
4. And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
5. My experience has taught me that a man who has no vices has damned few virtues.
6. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.
7. Will springs from the two elements of moral sense and self-interest.
8. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.
9. The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself in every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him.
10. I am a slow walker, but I never walk backwards.
11. I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
12. I want it said of me by those who knew me best; that I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow.
13. I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day.
14. If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.
15. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
16. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
17. I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
18. Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
19. People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.
20. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
21. With malice toward none, with charity for all.
22. That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
23. Always bear in mind, that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing.
24. Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way.
25. I have noticed that folks are generally about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
26. I don’t think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
27. The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
28. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.
29. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
30. The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.
31. I don’t like the man. I must get to know him better.
32. Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and under a just God, can not long retain it.
33. What ever you are be a good one.
34. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.
Albert Einstein 53 quotes
1. Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.
2. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
3. Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
4. I want to know God’s thoughts; the rest are details.
5. The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.
6. Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
7. The only real valuable thing is intuition.
8. A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.
9. I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice.
10. God is subtle but he is not malicious.
11. Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
12. I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
13. The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility.
14. Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.
15. Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.
16. Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
17. Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds.
18. Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
19. Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
20. Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one’s living at it.
21. The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
22. The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
23. God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically.
24. The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking.
25. Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.
26. Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
27. The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible.
28. We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
29. Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.
30. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.
31. Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.
32. Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity.
33. If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.
34. Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the the universe.
35. As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
36. Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
37. I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
38. In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep.
39. The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there’s no risk of accident for someone who’s dead.
40. Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves.
41. Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism — how passionately I hate them!
42. No, this trick won’t work…How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?
43. My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
44. Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever.
45. The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking…the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.
46. Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.
47. The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
48. A man’s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
49. The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge.
50. Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.
51. You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat.
52. One had to cram all this stuff into one’s mind for the examinations, whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect on me that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year.
53. one of the strongest motives that lead men to art and science is escape from
everyday life with its painful crudity and hopeless dreariness, from the fetters of one’s own ever-shifting desires. A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought.
54. He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.
55. A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest. a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This
delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
Anthony Robbins 48 quotes
1. A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.
2. Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.
3. Commit to CANI! – Constant And Never-ending Improvement
4. For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent.
5. I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.
6. I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.
7. If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
8. In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.
9. In life you need either inspiration or desperation.
10. It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
11. It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute… that gives meaning to our lives.
12. It not knowing what to do, it’s doing what you know.
13. It’s not the events of our lives that shape us, but our beliefs as to what those events mean.
14. Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.
15. Live with passion!
16. Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives.
17. My definition of success is to live your life in a way that causes you to feel a ton of pleasure and very little pain – and because of your lifestyle, have the people around you feel a lot more pleasure than they do pain.
18. Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year – and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!
19. One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.
20. Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.
21. Passion is the genesis of genius.
22. People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals – that is, goals that do not inspire them.
23. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
24. Success comes from taking the initiative and following up… persisting… eloquently expressing the depth of your love. What simple action could you take today to produce a new momentum toward success in your life?
25. Surmounting difficulty is the crucible that forms character.
26. Take control of your consistent emotions and begin to consciously and deliberately reshape your daily experience of life.
27. The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.
28. The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck.
29. The path to success is to take massive, determined action.
30. The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.
31. The truth is that we can learn to condition our minds, bodies, and emotions to link pain or pleasure to whatever we choose. By changing what we link pain and pleasure to, we will instantly change our behaviors.
32. The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives.
33. There is no greatness without a passion to be great, whether it’s the aspiration of an athlete or an artist, a scientist, a parent, or a businessperson.
34. There is no such thing as failure. There are only results.
35. There’s always a way – if you’re committed.
36. There’s no abiding success without commitment.
37. To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.
38. Want to learn to eat a lot? Here it is: Eat a little. That way, you will be around long enough to eat a lot.
39. We are the only beings on the planet who lead such rich internal lives that it’s not the events that matter most to us, but rather, it’s how we interpret those events that will determine how we think about ourselves and how we will act in the future.
40. We aren’t in an information age, we are in an entertainment age.
41. We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.
42. We will act consistently with our view of who we truly are, whether that view is accurate or not.
43. What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are.
44. Whatever happens, take responsibility!
45. When people are like each other they tend to like each other.
46. You always succeed in producing a result.
47. You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.
48. You see, it’s never the environment; it’s never the events of our lives, but the meaning we attach to the events – how we interpret them – that shapes who we are today and who we’ll become tomorrow.
Brian Tracy 24 quotes
1. The more credit you give away, the more will come back to you. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you.
2. Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?
3. Your decision to be, have and do something out of ordinary entails facing difficulties that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else.
4. Those people who develop the ability to continuously acquire new and better forms of knowledge that they can apply to their work and to their lives will be the movers and shakers in our society for the indefinite future.
5. No one lives long enough to learn everything they need to learn starting from scratch. To be successful, we absolutely, positively have to find people who have already paid the price to learn the things that we need to learn to achieve our goals.
6. It doesn’t matter where you are coming from. All that matters is where you are going.
7. If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings.
8. Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
9. All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.
10. You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.
11. I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.”
12. In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with.
13. The more you seek security, the less of it you have. But the more you seek opportunity, the more likely it is that you will achieve the security that you desire.
14. The glue that holds all relationships together — including the relationship between the leader and the led is trust, and trust is based on integrity.
15. Relationships are the hallmark of the mature person.
16. Only by contending with challenges that seem to be beyond your strength to handle at the moment you can grow more surely toward the stars.
17. Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.
18. The person we believe ourselves to be will always act in a manner consistent with our self-image.
19. Teamwork is so important that it is virtually impossible for you to reach the heights of your capabilities or make the money that you want without becoming very good at it.
20. We feel good about ourselves to the exact degree we feel in control of our lives.
21. The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good.
22. You have available to you, right now, a powerful supercomputer. This powerful tool has been used through-out history to take people from rags to riches, from poverty and obscurity to success and fame, from unhappiness and frustration to joy and self-fulfillment, and it can do the same for you.
23. You have within you right now, everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.
24. Success is predictable.
Dale Carnegie 25 quotes
1. If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.
2. Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.
3. If you want to win friends, make it a point to remember them. If you remember my name, you pay me a subtle compliment; you indicate that I have made an
impression on you. Remember my name and you add to my feeling of importance.
4. Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare.
5. Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones tend to take care of themselves.
6. If you believe in what you are doing, then let nothing hold you up in your work. Much of the best work of the world has been done against seeming impossibilities. The thing is to get the work done.
7. It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.
8. The ideas I stand for are not mine. I borrowed them from Socrates. I swiped them from Chesterfield. I stole them from Jesus. And I put them in a book. If you don’t like their rules whose would you use?
9. One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon- instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.”
10. Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain — and most fools do.
11. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no help at all.
12. You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.
13. Remember happiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think.
14. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore.”
15. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
16. Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still.
17. I deal with the obvious. I present, reiterate and glorify the obvious — because the obvious is what people need to be told.
18. The royal road to a man’s heart is to talk to him about the things he treasures most.
19. There are four ways, and only four ways, in which we have contact with the world. We are evaluated and classified by these four contacts: what we do, how we look, what we say, and how we say it.
20. Your purpose is to make your audience see what you saw, hear what you heard, feel what you felt. Relevant detail, couched in concrete, colorful language, is the best way to recreate the incident as it happened and to picture it for the audience.
21. Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
22. If you want to be enthusiastic, act enthusiastic.
23. There is only one way… to get anybody to do anything. And that is by making the other person want to do it.
24. When fate hands us a lemon, let’s try to make a lemonade.
25. The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.
Dennis Waitley 32 quotes
1. Mistakes are painful when they happen, but years later a collection of mistakes is what is called experience.
2. If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won’t, you most assuredly won’t. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad.
3. Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
4. As long as we are persistence in our pursuit of our deepest destiny, we will continue to grow. We cannot choose the day or time when we will fully bloom. It happens in its own time.
5. Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.
6. Expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised.
7. You must learn from your past mistakes, but not lean on your past successes.
8. Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on your own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon.
9. The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, learn about them, or even seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.
10. To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.
11. Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.
12. It’s not what you are that holds you back, it’s what you think you are not.
13. Where there is life, there is hope. Where there are hopes, there are dreams. Where there are vivid dreams repeated, they become goals. Goals become the action plans and game plans that winners dwell on in intricate detail, knowing that achievement is almost automatic when the goal becomes an inner commitment. The response to the challenges of life — purpose — is the healing balm that enables each of us to face up to adversity and strife.
14. When you make a mistake or get ridiculed or rejected, look at mistakes as learning experiences, and ridicule as ignorance. Look at rejection as part of
one performance, not as a turn down of the performer.
15. Luck happens when opportunity encounters the prepared mind.
16. You must consider the bottom line, but make it integrity before profits.
17. Losers make promises they often break. Winners make commitments they always keep.
18. A life lived with integrity — even if it lacks the trappings of fame and fortune is a shinning star in whose light others may follow in the years to come.
19. No man or woman is an island. To exist just for yourself is meaningless. You can achieve the most satisfaction when you feel related to some greater purpose in life, something greater than yourself.
20. Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘someday I’ll’ philosophy.
21. Get excited and enthusiastic about you own dream. This excitement is like a forest fire — you can smell it, taste it, and see it from a mile away.
22. Life is not accountable to us. We are accountable to life.
23. We have got to have a dream if we are going to make a dream come true.
24. Out of need springs desire, and out of desire springs the energy and the will to win.
25. Life is a do-it yourself project.
26. Life is the movie you see through your own eyes. It makes little difference what’s happening out there. It’s how you take it that counts.
27. Winners take time to relish their work, knowing that scaling the mountain is what makes the view from the top so exhilarating.
28. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.
29. The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
30. Love is a daily, mutual exchange of value.
31. A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.
32. Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can’t buy more hours. Scientists can’t invent new minutes. And you can’t save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you’ve wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow.
Donald Trump 11 quotes
1. I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That’s were the fun is.
2. The point is that you can’t be too greedy.
3. A little more moderation would be good. Of course, my life hasn’t exactly been one of moderation.
4. Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
5. I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That’s were the fun is. -Donald Trump.
6. Part of being a winner is knowing when enough is enough. Sometimes you have to give up the fight and walk away, and move on to something that’s more productive.
7. I’m a bit of a P. T. Barnum. I make stars out of everyone.
8. Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you’re generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don’t make.
9. You have to think anyway, so why not think big?
10. Deals are my art form. Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry. I like making deals, preferably big deals. That’s how I get my kicks.
11. Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game.
Earl Nightingale 25 quotes
1. You become what you think about.
2. Our attitude toward life determines life’s attitude towards us.
3. People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.
4. Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal
5. Open your ears before you open your mouth, it may surprise your eyes!
6. Am I motivated by what I really want out of life — or am I mass-motivated?
7. Your world is a living expression of how you are using and have used your mind
8. We can let circumstances rule us, or we can take charge and rule our lives from within
9. All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination
10. We can help others in the world more by making the most of yourself than in any other way.
11. Whenever we’re afraid, its because we don’t know enough. If we understood enough, we would never be afraid.
12. Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality
13. People are where they are because that’s exactly where they really want to be .
. . whether they’ll admit that or not
14. Wherever there is danger, there lurks opportunity; whenever there is opportunity, there lurks danger. The two are inseparable. They go together.
15. A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change.
16. Spoken about Earl Nightingale by Steve King, radio announcer and good friend: Earl Nightingale never let a day go by that he didn’t learn something new and, in turn pass it on to others. It was his consuming passion.
17. We are at our very best, and we are happiest, when we are fully engaged in work we enjoy on the journey toward the goal we’ve established for ourselves. It gives meaning to our time off and comfort to our sleep. It makes everything else in life so wonderful, so worthwhile.
18. For a person to build a rich and rewarding life for himself there are certain qualities and bits of knowledge that he needs to acquire. There are also things, harmful attitudes, superstitions, and emotions that he needs to chip away. A person needs to chip away everything that doesn’t look like the person he or she most wants to become.
19. We tend to live up to our expectations.
20. You’ll find boredom where there is an absence of a good idea.
21. Creativity is a natural extension of our enthusiasm.
22. Everything in the world we want to do or get done, we must do with and through people.
23. Get into a line that you will find to be a deep personal interest, something you really enjoy spending twelve to fifteen hours a day working at, and the rest of the time thinking about.
24. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
25. Our first journey is to find that special place for us.
Jim Rohn 28 quotes
1. It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions.
2. Whoever renders service to many puts himself in line for greatness–great wealth, great return, great satisfaction, great reputation, and great joy.
3. For every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward.
4. Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
5. Give whatever you are doing and whoever you are with the gift of your attention.
6. Words do two major things: They provide food for the mind and create light for understanding and awareness.
7. The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized–never knowing.
8. The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be the far greater value than what you get.
9. To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask?
10. Formal education will make you a living, self education will make you a fortune.
11. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
12. The book you don’t read cant help.
13. Success is neither magical or mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals.
14. Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day…
15. Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become.
16. Either you run the day or the day runs you.
17. Whatever good things we build end up building us.
18. We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.
19. Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people.
20. Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.
21. Some people plant in the spring and leave in the summer. If you’re signed up for a season, see it through. You don’t have to stay forever, but at least stay until you see it through.
22. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
23. Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.
24. You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.
25. Don’t say, “If I could, I would.” Say, “If I can, I will”
26. Every life form seems to strive to its maximum except human beings. How tall will a tree grow? As tall as it possibly can. Human beings, on the other hand, have been given the dignity of choice. You can choose to be all or you can choose to be less. Why not stretch up to the full measure of the challenge and see what all you can do?
27. Indecision is the thief of opportunity.
28. You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.
Mark Victor Hansen 18 quotes
1. Ideas attract money, time, talents, skills, energy and other complementary ideas that will bring them into reality.
2. Dedicate yourself to the good you deserve and desire for yourself. Give yourself peace of mind. You deserve to be happy. You deserve delight.
3. I never let my subject get in the way of what I want to talk about.
4. I want to talk with people who care about things that matter that will make a life- changing difference
5. You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands — your own.
6. Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.
7. Don’t think it, ink it.
8. In imagination, there’s no limitation.
9. When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.
10. True or true? Yes or yes?.
11. Imitate until you emulate; match and surpass those who launched you. It’s the highest form of thankfulness.
12. Now is the only time there is. Make your now wow, your minutes miracles, and your days pay. Your life will have been magnificently lived and invested, and when you die you will have made a difference.
13. End your day by privately looking directly into your eyes in the mirror and saying, ‘I love you!’ Do this for thirty days and watch how you transform.
14. Your belief determines your action and your action determines your results, but first you have to believe.
15. The more goals you set – the more goals you get.
16. Predetermine the objectives you want to accomplish. Think big, act big and set out to accomplish big results.
17. With vision, every person, organization and country can flourish. The Bible says, ‘Without vision we perish.
18. Whatever you need more of is what you need to tithe some.
Napoleon Hill 37 quotes
1. The best job goes to the person who can get it done without passing the buck or coming back with excuses.
2. Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.
3. It is always your next move.
4. No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy — unless you let him.
5. The battle is all over except the “shouting” when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be.
6. The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.
7. Everyone enjoys doing the kind of work for which he is best suited.
8. It has always been my belief that a man should do his best, regardless of how much he receives for his services, or the number of people he may be serving or the class of people served.
9. When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.
10. The most common cause of fear of old age is associated with the possibility of poverty.
11. There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.
12. Ideas… they have the power…
13. First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.
14. There is always room for those who can be relied upon to delivery the goods when they say they will.
15. Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to conceive.
16. Money without brains is always dangerous.
17. War grows out of the desire of the individual to gain advantage at the expense of his fellow men.
18. Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel.
19. Reduce your plan to writing. The moment you complete this, you will have definitely given concrete form to the intangible desire.
20. Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.
21. Think and grow rich.
22. Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat. Only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win — essential to success.
23. The ladder of success is never crowded at the top.
24. All great truths are simple in final analysis, and easily understood; if they are not, they are not great truths.
25. If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.
26. No man can succeed in a line of endeavor which he does not like.
27. What we do not see, what most of us never suspect of existing, is the silent but irresistible power which comes to the rescue of those who fight on in the face of discouragement.
28. The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.
29. The most interesting thing about a postage stamp is the persistence with which it sticks to its job.
30. There is always room for those who can be relied upon to delivery the goods when they say they will.
31. Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle…
32. It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.
33. No alibi will save you from accepting the responsibility.
34. You might well remember that nothing can bring you success but yourself.
35. Indecision is the seedling of fear.
36. Procrastination is the bad habit of putting of until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.
37. Big pay and little responsibility are circumstances seldom found together.
Norman Vincent Peale 50 quotes
1. Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.
2. Live your life and forget your age.
3. First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, “I believe,” three times.
4. When you become detached mentally from yourself and concentrate on helping other people with their difficulties, you will be able to cope with your own more effectively. Somehow, the act of self-giving is a personal power-releasing factor.
5. There is a real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.
6. One of the greatest moments in anybody’s developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is.
7. Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.
8. Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see possibilities — always see them, for they’re always there.
9. Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don’t have any problems, you don’t get any seeds.
10. It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.
11. We struggle with the complexities and avoid the simplicities.
12. The “how” thinker gets problems solved effectively because he wastes no time with futile “ifs.”
13. People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
14. Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory.
15. Joy increases as you give it, and diminishes as you try to keep it for yourself. In giving it, you will accumulate a deposit of joy greater than you ever believed possible.
16. Those who are fired with an enthusiastic idea and who allow it to take hold and dominate their thoughts find that new worlds open for them. As long as enthusiasm holds out, so will new opportunities.
17. Practice hope. As hopefulness becomes a habit, you can achieve a permanently happy spirit.
18. If you want to get somewhere you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then never, never, never give up.
19. Drop the idea that you are Atlas carrying the world on your shoulders. The world would go on even without you. Don’t take yourself so seriously.
20. In every difficult situation is potential value. Believe this, then begin looking for it.
21. The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.
22. The “how” thinker gets problems solved effectively because he wastes no time with futile “ifs” but goes right to work on the creative “how.”
23. Resentment or grudges do no harm to the person against whom you hold these feelings but every day and every night of your life, they are eating at you.
24. When a problem comes along, study it until you are completely knowledgeable. Then find that weak spot, break the problem apart, and the rest will be easy.
25. Understanding can overcome any situation, however mysterious or insurmountable it may appear to be.
26. The mind, ever the willing servant, will respond to boldness, for boldness, in effect, is a command to deliver mental resources.
27. Enthusiasm releases the drive to carry you over obstacles and adds significance to all you do.
28. It’s always too soon to quit!
29. Cushion the painful effects of hard blows by keeping the enthusiasm going strong, even if doing so requires struggle.
30. Our happiness depends on the habit of mind we cultivate. So practice happy thinking every day. Cultivate the merry heart, develop the happiness habit, and life will become a continual feast.
31. Life’s blows cannot break a person whose spirit is warmed at the fire of enthusiasm.
32. You can be greater than anything that can happen to you.
33. One way to become enthusiastic is to look for the plus sign. To make progress in any difficult situation, you have to start with what’s right about it and build on that.
34. When you wholeheartedly adopt a ‘with all your heart’ attitude and go all out with the positive principle, you can do incredible things.
35. Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful.
36. To go fast, row slowly.
37. Anybody can do just about anything with himself that he really wants to and makes up his mind to do. We are all capable of greater things than we realize.
38. Go forward confidently, energetically attacking problems, expecting favorable outcomes.
39. Yesterday ended last night. Every day is a new beginning. Learn the skill of forgetting. And move on.
40. Believe it is possible to solve your problem. Tremendous things happen to the believer. So believe the answer will come. It will.
41. The way to happiness: keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Fill your life with love. Scatter sunshine. Forget self, think of others. Do as you would be done by. Try this for a week and you will be surprised.
42. The positive thinker is a hard-headed, tough-minded, and factual realist. He sees all the difficulties clearly… which is more than can be said for the average negative thinker. But he sees more than difficulties — he tries to see the solutions of those difficulties.
43. Practice loving people. It is true that this requires effort and continued practice, for some are not very lovable, or so it seems – with emphasis on “seems.” Every person has lovable qualities when you really learn to know him.
44. Never react emotionally to criticism. Analyze yourself to determine whether it is justified. If it is, correct yourself. Otherwise, go on about your business.
45. When you are afraid, do the thing you are afraid of and soon you will lose your fear of it.
46. The more you venture to live greatly, the more you will find within you what it takes to get on top of things and stay there.
47. If you want things to be different, perhaps the answer is to become different yourself.
48. Remember, there is no situation so completely hopeless that something constructive cannot be done about it. When faced with a minus, ask yourself what you can do to make it a plus. A person practicing this attitude will extract undreamed-of outcomes from the most unpromising situations. Realize that there are no hopeless situations; there are only people who take hopeless attitudes.
49. Believe that you are bigger than your difficulties, for you are, indeed.
50. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities — they’re always there.
Paul Sweeney 7 quotes
1. You know when you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.
2. True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful.
3. A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.
4. True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful.
5. How can a society that exists on instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners, and instant cameras teach patience to its young?
6. How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy.
7. Self delusion is pulling in your stomach when you step on the scales.
Ralph Waldo Emerson 38 quotes
1. A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.
2. Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet.
3. Character is higher than intellect… A great soul will be strong to live, as well as to think.
4. Children are all foreigners.
5. Conversation is an art in which a man has all mankind for his competitors, for it is that which all are practicing every day while they live.
6. Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.
7. Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
8. Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
9. Don’t waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good.
10. Every hero becomes a bore at last.
11. Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.
12. Give all to love; obey thy heart.
13. I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.
14. I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from.
15. If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me.
16. Insist on yourself; never imitate… Every great man is unique.
17. Let not a man guard his dignity, but let his dignity guard him.
18. Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…
19. Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.
20. Nature magically suits a man to his fortunes, by making them the fruit of his character.
21. Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
22. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.
23. People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
24. Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.
25. The ancestor of every action is a thought.
26. The only way to have a friend is to be one.
27. The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.
28. The world belongs to the energetic.
29. We do what we must, and call it by the best names.
30. Whoever is open, loyal, true; of humane and affable demeanour; honourable himself, and in his judgement of others; faithful to his word as to law, and faithful alike to God and man. such a man is a true gentleman.
31. Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.
32. He who is in love is wise and is becoming wiser, sees newly every time he looks at the object beloved, drawing from it with his eyes and his mind those virtues which it possesses.
33. Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly, and they will show themselves great.
34. The best effect of fine persons is felt after we have left their presence.
35. Every artist was first an amateur.
36. None of us will every accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone.
37. A man builds a fine house; and now he has a master, and a task for life; he is to furnish, watch, show it, and keep it in repair, the rest of his days.
38. The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.
Robert H. Schuler 30 quotes
1. Commit yourself to a dream nobody who tries to do something great but fails is a total failure. Why? Because he can always rest assured that he succeeded in life’s most important battle — he defeated the fear of trying.
2. Yes, you can be a dreamer and a doer too, if you will remove one word from your vocabulary: impossible.
3. You can often measure a person by the size of his dream.
4. Build a dream and the dream will build you.
5. Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost.
6. Commit yourself to a dream… Nobody who tries to do something great but fails is a total failure. Why? Because he can always rest assured that he succeeded in life’s most important battle–he defeated the fear of trying.
7. If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been.
8. Impossible situations can become possible miracles.
9. It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.
10. Let your imagination release your imprisoned possibilities.
11. Every achiever I have ever met says, “My life turned around when I began to believe in me.
12. Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in a seed.
13. Most people who succeed n the face of seemingly impossible conditions are people who simply don’t know how to quit.
14. Life is but a moment, death also is but another.
15. Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.
16. Again and again, the impossible problem is solved when we see that the problem is only a tough decision waiting to be made.
17. What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
18. The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.
19. Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time.
20. What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
21. Failure doesn’t mean you are a failure… it just means you haven’t succeeded yet.
22. Goals are not only absolutely necessary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us alive.
23. Inch by inch, it’s a cinch.
24. When you can’t solve the problem, manage it.
25. Never bring the problem solving stage into the decision making stage. Otherwise, you surrender yourself to the problem rather than the solution.
26. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
27. Doomed are the hotheads! Unhappy are they who lose their cool and are too proud to say, ”I’m sorry.”
28. Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.
29. Possibilitizing is overcoming while you’re undergoing.
30. Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost.
Robert T. Kiyosaki 11 quotes
1. Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.
2. Your most expensive advice is the free advice you receive from your financially struggling friends and relatives.
3. Average investors are on the outside trying to look into the inside of the company or property they are investing in.
4. It’s the investor who is risky, not the investment.
5. The idea of working all your life, saving, and putting money into a retirement account is a very slow plan.
6. If you don’t first handle fear and desire, and you get rich, you’ll be a high pay slave.
7. To gain more abundance a person needs more skills and needs to be more creative and cooperative.
8. The unique ability to take decisive action while maintaining focus on the ultimate mission is what defines a true leader.
9. Instead of labeling and discriminating against one or the other, we need to learn to blend our gifts and complement our geniuses.
10. By asking the question “How can I afford it?” your brain is put to work.
11. One of the main reasons people are not rich is that they worry too much about things that might never happen.
Thomas Edison 51 quotes
1. Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety-nine per cent perspiration. Accordingly, a ‘genius’ is often merely a talented person who has done all of his or her homework.
2. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
3. The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand – without growing weary. Because such thinking is often difficult, there seems to be no limit to which some people will go to avoid the effort and labor that is associated with it….
4. I never did anything worth doing entirely by accident. Almost none of my
inventions came about totally by accident. They were achieved by having trained myself to endure and tolerate hard work.
5. Personally, I enjoy working about 18 hours a day. Besides the short catnaps I take each day, I average about four to five hours of sleep per night.
6. My main purpose in life is to make money so I can afford to go on creating more inventions….
7. My principal business is giving commercial value to the brilliant – but misdirected
– ideas of others….
8. I am quite correctly described as ‘more of a sponge than an inventor. ‘
9. Because I readily absorb ideas from every source – frequently starting where the last person left off – I never pick up an item without thinking of how I might improve it.
10. I am not overly impressed by the great names and reputations of those who might be trying to beat me to an invention. Its their ‘ideas’ that appeal to me.
11. Because ideas have to be original only with regard to their adaptation to the problem at hand, I am always extremely interested in how others have used used them….
12. A good idea is never lost. Even though its originator or possessor may die, it will someday be reborn in the mind of another….
13. I never perfected an invention that I did not think about in terms of the service it might give others… I find out what the world needs, then I proceed to invent….
14. The dove is my emblem I want to save and advance human life, not destroy
it…. I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill….
15. Most of the exercise I get is from standing and walking around laboratory tables all day. I derive more benefit and entertainment from this than some of my friends and competitors get from playing games like golf.
16. If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves….
17. Our schools and are not teaching students to think. It is astonishing how many young people have difficulty in putting their brains definitely and systematically to work….
18. The three things that are most essential to achievement are common sense, hard work and stick-to-it-iv-ness…..
19. I have far more respect for the person with a single idea who gets there than for the person with a thousand ideas who does nothing….
20. Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
21. Pretty much everything will come to him who hustles while he waits. I believe that restlessness is discontent, and discontent is merely the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.
22. Unfortunately, there seems to be far more opportunity out there than ability….
We should remember that good fortune often happens when opportunity meets with preparation.
23. Sometimes, all you need to invent something is a good imagination and a pile of junk….
24. Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do in the first place doesn’t mean it’s useless….
25. Results? Why, man, I have gotten lots of results! If I find 10,000 ways something won’t work, I haven’t failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is often a step forward….
26. Surprises and reverses can serve as an incentive for great accomplishment. There are no rules here, we’re just trying to accomplish something.
27. As a cure for worrying, work is far better than whiskey. I always found that, if I began to worry, the best thing I could do was focus upon doing something useful and then work very hard at it. Soon, I would forget what was troubling me.
28. Barring serious accidents, if you are not preoccupied with worry and you work hard, you can look forward to a reasonably lengthy existence. Its not the hard
work that kills, its the worrying that kills.
29. The only time I really become discouraged is when I think of all the things I would like to do and the little time I have in which to do them.
30. The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast.
31. Time is really the only capital that any human being has and the thing that he can least afford to waste or lose…
32. From his neck down a man is worth a couple of dollars a day, from his neck up he is worth anything that his brain can produce.
33. The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human body, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.
34. Whatever the mind of man creates, should be controlled by man’s character.
35. Even though I am nearly deaf, I seem to be gifted with a kind of inner hearing which enables me to detect sounds and noises which the ordinary person does not hear.
36. I love great music and art, but I think ‘cubist’ songs and paintings are hideous.
37. Someday, man will harness the rise and fall of the tides, imprison the power of the sun, and release atomic power.
38. I am both pleased but astonished by the fact that mankind has not yet begun to use all the means and devices that are available for destruction. I hope that such weapons are never manufactured in quantity.
39. The United States, and other advanced nations, will someday be able to produce instruments of death so terrible the world will be in abject terror of itself and its ability to end civilization. Such war-making weapons should be developed – but
only for purposes of discovery and experimentation
40. The dove is my emblem I want to save and advance human life, not destroy
it…. I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill…
41. To me, the idea and expectation that the day is slowly and surely coming when we will be able to honestly say we are our brother’s keeper and not his oppressor is very beautiful .
42. Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge….
43. Its obvious that we don’t know one millionth of one percent about anything.
44. I believe that the science of chemistry alone almost proves the existence of an intelligent creator.
45. We have merely scratched the surface of the store of knowledge which will come to us. I believe that we are now, a-tremble on the verge of vast discoveries – discoveries so wondrously important they will upset the present trend of human thought and start it along completely new lines .
46. Be courageous! Whatever setbacks America has encountered, it has always emerged as a stronger and more prosperous nation. Be brave as your fathers
before you. Have faith and go forward!
47. If parents pass enthusiasm along to their children, they will leave them an estate of incalculable value….
48. The memory of my mother will always be a blessing to me….
49. Life’s most soothing things are a child’s goodnight and sweet music….
50. Great music and art are earthly wonders, but I think ‘cubist’ songs and paintings are hideous.
51. Even though I am nearly deaf, I seem to be gifted with a kind of inner hearing which enables me to detect sounds and noises which the ordinary listener does not hear.
Thomas Jefferson 22 quotes
1. I believe that every human mind feels pleasure in doing good to another.
2. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it, and the glow from that fire can truly light the world.
3. The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do.
4. Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
5. A coward is much more exposed to quarrels than a man of spirit.
6. Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
7. Friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life.
8. It is my principle that the will of the majority should always prevail.
9. Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it.
10. When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property.
11. The man who fears no truths has nothing to fear from lies.
12. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
13. Determine never to be idle…It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
14. Do not bite at the bait of pleasure till you know there is no hook beneath it.
15. I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it.
16. I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
17. Never fear the want of business. A man who qualifies himself well for his calling, never fails of employment.
18. Never spend your money before you have it.
19. Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
20. Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.
21. The advertisement is the most truthful part of a newspaper.
22. Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far.
W. Clement Stone 25 quotes
1. Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.
2. Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.
3. Everyone who achieves success in a great venture, solves each problem as they came to it. They helped themselves. And they were helped through powers known and unknown to them at the time they set out on their voyage. They keep going regardless of the obstacles they met.
4. Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.
5. I think there is something, more important than believing: Action! The world is full of dreamers, there aren’t enough who will move ahead and begin to take concrete steps to actualize their vision.
6. If there is something to gain and nothing to lose by asking, by all means ask!
7. If you employed study, thinking, and planning time daily, you could develop and use the power that can change the course of your destiny.
8. Self-suggestion makes you master of yourself.
9. Tell everyone what you want to do and someone will want to help you do it.
10. Thinking will not overcome fear but action will.
11. Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.
12. Try, try, try, and keep on trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in anything.
13. When we direct our thoughts properly, we can control our emotions…
14. When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it.
15. When you do the wrong thing, knowing it is wrong, you do so because you haven’t developed the habit of effectively controlling or neutralizing strong inner urges that tempt you, or because you have established the wrong habit and don’t know how to eliminate them effectively.
16. You affect your subconscious mind by verbal repetition.
17. So many fail because they don’t get started — they don’t go. They don’t overcome inertia. They don’t begin.
18. There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. That little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.
19. You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success — or are they holding you back?
20. You affect your subconscious mind by verbal repetition.
21. Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement
22. Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying.
23. We have a problem. ”Congratulations.” But it’s a tough problem. ”Then double congratulations.”
24. To solve a problem or to reach a goal, you don’t need to know all the answers in advance. But you must have a clear idea of the problem or the goal you want to reach.
25. You. too, can determine what you want. You can decide on your major objectives, targets, aims, and destination.
Zig Ziglar 27 quotes
1. You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.
2. When you put faith, hope and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world.
3. There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.
4. Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.
5. What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
6. Happiness is not pleasure, it is victory.
7. Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.
8. It’s not what you’ve got, it’s what you use that makes a difference.
9. Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have.
10. Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is.
11. Efficiency is doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right thing.
12. The person who will not stand for something will fall for anything.
13. You are what you are and you are where you are because of what has gone into your mind. You change what you are and you change where you are by changing what goes into your mind.
14. It’s your attitude not your aptitude that determines your altitude.
15. You do not pay the price of success, you enjoy the price of success.
16. The real test in golf and in life is not in keeping out of the rough, but in getting out after you are in.
17. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing-that’s why we recommend it daily.
18. All resources are not obvious; great managers find and develop available talent.
19. A goal properly set is halfway reached.
20. Success is dependent upon the glands – sweat glands.
21. Go as far as you can see and when you get there, you will always be able to see farther.
22. If you want to reach a goal, you must ‘see the reaching’ in your own mind before you actually arrive at your goal.
23. Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
24. If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.
25. Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.
26. The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity.
27. Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
More Famous Quotes 157 quotes
1. The secret of success is to do common things uncommonly well. – John Davidson Rockefeller, Sr
2. I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature. – John Davidson Rockefeller, Sr.
3. To be a leader, you must stand for something, or fall for anything. – Anthony Pagano
4. The fastest way to pass your own expectation is to add passion to your labor. –
5. If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success. – John Davidson Rockefeller, Sr.
6. Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it. –
John Davidson Rockefeller, Sr.
7. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
8. Accept the past for what it was. Acknowledge the present for what it is. Anticipate the future for what it can become. – Tracy L. McNair
9. I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity. – John Davidson Rockefeller, Sr.
10. Sometimes things become possible if we want them bad enough. – T.S. Eliot
11. To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe. – Anatole France
12. To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will. –
Sugar Ray Robinson
13. If we are to achieve results never before accomplished, we must expect to employ methods never before attempted. – Francis Bacon
14. Trust in yourself. Your perceptions are often far more accurate than you are willing to believe. – Claudia Black
15. Motivation is like food for the brain. You cannot get enough in one sitting. It needs continual and regular refills. – Peter Davies
16. You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you do not try. –
17. I have failed over and over again. That is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
18. Never stop learning. If you learn one new thing everyday, you will overcome 99% of your competition. – Joe Carlozo
19. It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you often get it. – W. Somerset Manghan
20. Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable. – Emily Guay
21. No man ever became great without many and great mistakes. – William E. Gladstone
22. In the long run, we only hit what we aim at. – Henry David Thoreau
23. Success seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving; they make mistakes, but they do not quit. – Conrad Hilton
24. Destiny is not a matter of chance; it’s a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved. – Jeremy Kitson
25. All or our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
26. If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have the capacity at the beginning. – Ghandi
27. If you can’t do it today, what makes you think you can do it tomorrow. – Yusuf Tara
28. Our intentions create our reality. – Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
29. If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought. – Peace Pilgrim
30. Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to; all they need is one reason why they can. – Willis Whitney
31. Everything you want is on the other side of fear. – Jack Canfield
32. Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. – Francis of Assisi
33. Failing to plan is planning to fail. – Effie Jones
34. Intelligence without ambition is like a bird without wings. – C. Archie Danielson
35. A time comes when you need to stop waiting for the man you want to become and start being the man you want to be. – Bruce Springstein
36. You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event – it is a habit. –
37. Some things have to be believed to be seen. – Ralph Hodgson
38. Wealth is the product of man’s ability to think. – Ayn Rand
39. We must never be afraid to go too far, for success lies just beyond. – Marcel Proust
40. Our limitations and success will be based most often on our own expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon. – Thomas Dewar
41. High expectations are the key to everything. – Sam Walton
42. The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
43. It is what you learn after you know it all that counts. – John Wooden
44. Life is too short to ponder the “what if’s” and fear rejection. – T. Dufek
45. Without continuous personal development, you are now all that you will ever become, and hell starts when the person you are meets the person you could have been. – Eli Cohen
46. It is no sin to attempt and fail. The only sin is to not make the attempt. – Suellen Fried
47. Dreams are the reality of tomorrow. – Dean Marshall
48. If anything is worth trying at all, it’s worth trying at least ten times. — Art Linkletter
49. Champions are a rare breed. They see beyond the dangers, the risks, the obstacles, and the hardships. – Dr. Lester Sumrall
50. The atmosphere of expectancy is the breeding ground for miracles. – Rodney L. Parsley
51. Problems are only opportunities in work clothes. – Henry J. Kaiser
52. The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it. – Anonymous
53. There’s no such thing as coulda, shoulda and woulda. If you shoulda and coulda, you woulda done it. – Pat Riley
54. One of the reasons mature people stop learning is that they become less and less willing to risk failure. – John Gardner
55. You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration. – James Allen
56. A dream unrealized is a dream imprisoned by that enemy of all enemies – the fear of failure. Set that you will make it happen! – Dexter Yager
57. Procrastination is opportunities natural assassin. – Victor Kiam
58. Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. – Henry Ford
59. The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible. – Richard M. Devos
60. Any man who selects a goal in life which can be fully achieved has already defined his own limitations. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
61. You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do. – Henry Ford
62. When I’ve heard all I need to make a decision, I don’t take a vote. I make a decision. – Ronald Reagan
63. You can’t have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.
– Charles F. Kettering
64. Few people think more than two or three times a year. I have made an international reputation by thinking once or twice a week. – George Bernard Shaw
65. Never complain about what you permit. – Mike Murdock
66. It may be all right to be content with what you have; never with what you are. –
67. Take heed: you do not find what you do not seek. – Proverb
68. Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future. –
69. Success is never wondering what if… – Karrie Huffman
70. “I can’t do it” never accomplished anything; “I will try” has performed miracles. –
George P. Burnham
71. Throughout the centuries there have been men who took the first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision. – Ayn Rand
72. Keys to success: Research your ideas, plan for success, expect success, and just do it. – John S. Hinds
73. I maintained my edge by always being a student; you will always have something new to learn. – Jackie Joyner Kersee
74. It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. – Sir Edmund Hillary
75. If what you did yesturday seems big, you haven’t done anything today. – Lou Holtz
76. Life is change; growth is optional. Choose wisely. – Karen Kaiser Clark
77. Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. – Michael Jordan
78. You don’t just stumble into the future you create your own future. – Roger Smith
79. This one step, choosing a goal and sticking to it, changes everything. – Scott reed
80. Failure? I never encountered it. All I ever met were temporary setbacks. – Dottie Walters
81. Great minds have purpose, while others just have wishes. – Washington Irving
82. Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success. – Stephen A. brennan
83. Opportunity does not knock; it presents itself when you beat down the door. –
84. Our life is what it is as a result of how we think. – George DeVack
85. We are what and where we are because we have first imagined it. – Donald Curtis
86. Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement. – Henry Ford
87. You must think of failure and defeat as the spring boards to new achievements, and to the next level of accomplishment. – Les Brown
88. Action, to be effective, must be directed to clearly conceived ends. – Jawaharlal Nehru
89. Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future. –
90. The intelligent man is one who has successfully fulfilled many accomplishments, and is still willing to learn more. – Ed Parker
91. He who is afraid of asking is ashamed of learning. – Danish Proverb
92. Obstacles are what appear when you take your eyes off your dreams. – George DeVack
93. What this power is I cannot say. All I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it. – Alexander Grahm Bell
94. If we always look back, we lose sight of what’s ahead. – Justin Sims
95. Success based on anything but internal fulfillment is bound to be empty. – Dr MArtha Friedman
96. Do not wait for ideal circumstances, nor for the best opportunities; they will never come. – Janet Erskine Stuart
97. Opportunities multiply as they are seized; they die when neglected. Life is a long line of opportunities. – John Wicker
98. Triumph often is nearest when defeat seems inescapable. – B.C. Forbes
99. An error gracefully acknowledged is a victory won. – Caroline L. Gascoigne
100. The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself, in spite of being unacceptable. – Paul Tillisch
101. Confidence imparts a wonderful inspiration to its possessor. – John Milton
102. Everyone should carefully observe which way his heart draws him, and then choose that way with all his strength. – Hasidic saying
103. There are so many things that we wish we had done yesterday, so few that we feel like doing today. – Mignon McLaughlin
104. The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. – Eden Phillpotts
105. The death of fear is in doing what you fear to do. – Sequichie Comingdeer
106. Whether or not we realize it each of us has within us the ability to set some kind of example for people. Knowing this would you rather be the one known for being the one who encouraged others, or the one who inadvertently discouraged those around you? – Josh Hinds
107. When we place blame, we give away our power. – Greg Anderson
108. What really matters is what you do with what you have. – Shirley Lord
109. The principles you live by create the world you live in; if you change the principles you live by, you will change your world. – Blaine Lee
110. We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be. And our attitudes and behaviors grow out of these assumptions. – Steven Covey
111. Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them. – Leo tolstoy
112. Your self-beliefs either support or undermine you. – Marsha Sinetar
113. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. – Elbert Hubbard
114. Everything is created twice — first mentally, then physically. – Greg Anderson
115. It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. – Seneca
116. While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us. – Benjamin Franklin
117. Men who have attained things worth having in this world have worked while others idled, have persevered while others gave up in despair, have practiced early in life the valuable habits of self-denial, industry, and singleness of purpose. As a result, they enjoy in later life the success so often erroneously attributed to good luck. – Grenville Kleiser
118. Draw from others the lesson that may profit yourself. – Terrance
119. Only one thing has to change for us to know happiness in our lives: where we focus our attention. – Greg Anderson
120. Living a life of integrity is one of the greatest missions we can undertake.
– Greg Anderson
121. Life does not happen to us, it happens from us. – Mike Wickett
122. What concerns me is not the way things are, but rather the way people think things are. – Epicetus
123. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
124. Where there is no vision, the people perish. – Proverbs 29:18
125. In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, though they should fail immediately, they had better aim at something high. – Henry David Thoreau
126. They are able because they think they are able. – Virgil
127. Whatever we leave to God, God does and blesses us. – Henry David Thoreau
128. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. – Matthew 6: 34
129. Men are often capable of greater things than they perform. They are sent into the world with bills of credit, and seldom draw to their full extent. – Horace Walpole
130. Growth and change are never easy…If it were easy, you would have done it long ago. – Lawrence LeShan
131. Repeat anything long enough and it will start to become you. – Tom Hopkins
132. When you face your fear, most of the time you will discover that it was not really such a big threat after all. We all need some form of deeply rooted, powerful motivation – it empowers us to overcome obstacles so we can live our dreams. – Les Brown
133. Cease trying to work everything out with your minds. It will get you nowhere. Live by intuition and inspiration and let your whole life be a revelation.
– Eileen Caddy
134. Great minds have purpose, others have wishes. – Washington Irving
135. We are continually faced by great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insolvuble problems. Lee Iococca
136. There is no security on this earth; there is only opportunity. – Douglas MacArthur
137. Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution. – Dr. David Schwartz
138. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – E. Joseph Cossman
139. Our real problem is not our strength today; it is rather the vital necessity of action today to ensure strength tomorrow. – Calvin Coolidge
140. The first step towards success in any occupation is to become interested in it. – Sir William Osler
141. Ultimately we know deeply that the other side of every fear is a freedom.
– Marilyn Ferguson
142. Man is a goal-seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals. – Aristotle
143. Fear is met and destroyed with courage. Again and again, when the struggle seems hopeless and all opportunity lost, some man or women with a little more courage, a little more effort, brings victory. – James F. Bell
144. Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. –
145. Successful people make decisions quickly (as soon as all the facts are available) and change them very slowly (if ever). Unsuccessful people make decisions very slowly, and change them often and quickly. – Napoleon Hill
146. Success has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It’s what you do for others. – Danny Thomas
147. Four steps to achievement: plan purposely, prepare prayerfully, proceed positively, pursue persistently. William A. Ward
148. Concentration of wealth and power has been built upon other people’s money, other people’s business, other people’s labor. Under this concentration, independent business … has been a menace to … American society.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt
149. Every time an artist dies, part of the vision of mankind passes with him. –
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
150. We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future. – Franklin Delano Roosevelt
151. Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. –
Harriet (Elizabeth) Beecher Stowe
152. Unless you choose to do great things with it, it makes no difference how much you are rewarded or how much you have. – Oprah Winfrey
153. Follow your instincts. That’s where true wisdom manifests itself. – Oprah Winfrey
154. If you look at what you have in life, You’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, You’ll never have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
156. The test is to recognize the mistake, admit it and correct it. To have tried to do something and failed is vastly better than to have tried to do nothing and succeeded. – Dr. Dale E. Turner
157. To wear your heart on your sleeve isn’t a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best. – Margaret Hilda Thatcher
Compiled by George Thomas